Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm not a math teacher!

Being someone who likes words more than numbers, I find myself saying, I am not a Math teacher, a lot. The other day I noticed a student trying to get her math done for the next class before the bell rang for our class to begin. As I walked by I heard one of the other students say, You did not do it right. So she asked if I knew how to do it. I had been years, but after a little review from the student who told her she did it wrong, but for some reason was unable to explain it to this student, I attempted it. I guess the student who was doing it wrong was also a words person, because after I told her in my words how to do the problem she was able to finish the worksheet correctly. I did not think I could teach math, but I guess we were just speaking the same language.

No comments:

Post a Comment